lunes, 9 de agosto de 2010

Being Boring

I came across a cache of old photosAnd invitations to teenage parties"Dress in white" one said, with quotationsFrom someone's wife, a famous writerIn the nineteen-twentiesWhen you're young you find inspirationIn anyone who's ever goneAnd opened up a closing doorShe said: "We were never feeling bored'Cause we were never being boringWe had too much time to find for ourselvesAnd we were never being boringWe dressed up and fought, then thought: "Make amends"And we were never holding back or worried thatTime would come to an end"When I went I left from the stationWith a haversack and some trepidationSomeone said: "If you're not carefulYou'll have nothing left and nothing to care forIn the nineteen-seventies"But I sat back and looking forwardMy shoes were high and I had scoredI'd bolted through a closing doorI would never find myself feeling bored'Cause we were never being boringWe had too much time to find for ourselvesAnd we were never being boringWe dressed up and fought, then thought: "Make amends"And we were never holding back or worried thatTime would come to an endWe were always hoping that, looking backYou could always rely on a friendNow I sit with different facesIn rented rooms and foreign placesAll the people I was kissingSome are here and some are missingIn the nineteen-ninetiesI never dreamt that I would get to beThe creature that I always meant to beBut I thought in spite of dreamsYou'd be sitting somewhere here with me'Cause we were never being boringWe had too much time to find for ourselvesAnd we were never being boringWe dressed up and fought, then thought: "Make amends"And we were never holding back or worried thatTime would come to an endWe were always hoping that, looking backYou could always rely on a friendAnd we were never being boringWe had too much time to find for ourselvesAnd we were never being boringWe dressed up and fought, then thought: "Make amends"And we were never being boringWe were never being bored'Cause we were never being boringWe were never being bored



Nada me describe mejor que esta cancion

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario